Sunday, August 1, 2010

Young Single Adult Conference Final Days- A Great Success

The entire Young Single Adult Conference. Seventeen countries were represented with talented and wonderful YSA members...most have only been members of the Church for a short time.
Here are the YSA's and Senior Missionaries from Poland. The YSA's did a fabulous job organizing and running the Conference. We were so proud of every one of them. THANK YOU!!!!
Here are some of the YSA Conference Committee members from Poland ... (Left to Right: Andrzej, Ewa, Dominik, Adam, and Dorota). They are the ones who organized and ran the entire conference. Poland was the host country and our YSA members came through.
Here I am with Agnieszka from the Warsaw I Branch. She has been a member for four months.
Stan and I with Alexandria--an investigator from Katowice who has a baptismal date!
The Conference ended with a 'Night At The Oscar's' where awards were given out for such catagories as 'Best costume', 'Best Dancer', and . Ada from Warsaw I Branch and Gosia from Belarus did a great job as MC's for the night.
Our own Dorota from Warsaw II Branch won the prestigious 'Most International Girl' award....similar to a 'Miss Congeniality' award.
A GREAT TIME WAS HAD BY ALL!!!

5 comments:

  1. That looks like a wonderful conference! One question...are you understanding Polish yet? I love looking at your blog from time to time. I shared some pictures of Elder Stohel with his sister, Sister Stohel, who is serving with us. She was pretty excited to see him! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad it went so well - Scott told us you were anxious about it. I'm so impressed with your ability to spell everyone's name. WOW. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you again, Sister Nielson, for this blog. Our family just loves it. I actually print off any new posts and send them to the Poland missionaries in the MTC (via my son, Elder Kennedy). Here's what he wrote me this week: Thank you so much for the Dear Elders and letters that you send me. I have to tell you that everyone loves it when I get letters from you on Fridays and Saturdays, because they always have the Nielson's blog posts in them. The posts get passed throughout the class, and people are extremely impatient about the whole thing, so keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dziękuję! Thank you President for posting those pictures !
    We Love you !!!!; )) you are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved reading this! I love Poland! I miss it. I also love seeing the pictures of my friends, and although I know she's doing really well, I love seeing Ewa (from Bydgoszcz, she was the only person I taught that got baptized while I was there). I get excited every time a new post comes up. Thank you for posting and keep doing it!

    ReplyDelete

To make a comment you must have a Google account (gmail)