Sunday, August 22, 2010

Departing Elders

After a week of Zone Conferences- the departing missionaries start coming into the Mission Home.

This group has Elder Brown and Thomson going home a few days earlier for school.A tradition we are starting is "cutting off the tie"... signifying that a part of them will stay in the mission. We will keep their "ties" and show them off to all who come into the Mission Home. Eventually, all these ties (with their names embroided on them with the dates they served) will be made into a quilt.
The first Official Tie. Elder Jason Brown.
Elder Andrew Thomson, what a wonderful Elder and a great Branch President.
Elder Hampton Beachum, heading back to UNC to continue his studies.
Now it's off to the airport and the flight home. We will miss this great group of missionaries.

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea for a farewell and for making a great keepsake of your mission! I can't believe Elders Brown and Thomson are going home! They were two of our Kielce missionaries. (Never met Elder Beachum!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm preparing to come to this mission, and decided to scroll through randomly.

    And then I saw Elder Brown.

    I met and got to know Elder Brown fairly recently while attending school at BYU-Hawaii! When he found out I was going to be serving the same mission as him, he gave me some tips, showed me a map of where he served, and told me some of his experiences.

    What a small world :)

    ReplyDelete

To make a comment you must have a Google account (gmail)