Saturday, May 7, 2011

An International Baptism in Warsaw II !!

Today was a unique day in the Warsaw II Branch. It IS the International Branch in Poland, and today it lived up to it's name! Talks were given in Mongolian, translated into Polish from the pulpit and then translated once more into English in the audience! The one language we all had in common was the language of the Spirit, and the Spirit was strong here at the baptism of Sara.

(L to R): Elders Garrett and Eastman; Sister Khulan (a great member missionary); Sara and Brat Herman (Branch Mission Leader). An International Baptism in an International Church. That is what I love about our church. This church is for ALL people of ALL nations...and it's true!

1 comment:

  1. Sister Nielson, I am friends with Lisa Pawlik and used to live in Krakow about 9 years ago when my husband worked for the US Consulate. We were members of the small LDS branch there and know some of the members you're serving with on your mission (Rich Nabozny, the Pawliks, Teresa & Julia). I LOVE your blog! I'm having such fun reading it and it's bringing back fond memories of the time we lived in Krakow. I find your entries so uplifting and am pleased that the church is continuing to grow in Poland. I am commenting on this particular entry because we are now living in Mongolia (while my husband works with the US Embassy here) and it is amazing to see a Mongolian sister being baptized in Poland! Wonderful news! Thanks for taking the time to post so many great photos and all the happenings of the Warsaw Mission. I'm all smiles!! Sincerely, Sister Katherine Bouldin

    ReplyDelete

To make a comment you must have a Google account (gmail)