Sunday, December 19, 2010

The End of a Whirl-Wind Week!

The last BIG thing I had to do was be Hostess to our first annual District/Mission Presidency Christmas Party. As you can see, it all seemed to come together without a snag.....but let me show you what was happening just a few hours before the party......
My dishwasher died a few weeks ago, so I have been washing everything by hand. I know, I AM spoiled; but I do cook for the masses around here. Brother Zelonka was kind enough to make sure that tonight I would not be up all night doing dishes, and he and Godfrey installed a new one. This was wonderful but meant the kitchen could not be used for a few hours. That's ok, there was plenty to do!
Along with the new dishwasher, the mission home got a new microwave.....so I lovingly gave 'the white dinosaur' to the office elders (Elders Taylor, Torke and Darowski) who had stopped by. The old one wasn't called a microwave but a "radar oven". Of course, we had to try the new one out and made popcorn! It turned out great! The office elders just didn't pop in for no reason at all....(they would never do that!) but...
Elder Torke was on his way to Poznan to be the new Branch President there, and he had come to say good-bye. We will miss this good Elder, but he is excited to get out of the office and back into the field full-time.
While the kitchen was being 're-vamped', the living room was being prepared. We were already and the guests started to arrive.......
The Warsaw District Presidency: The Nabozny's, The Hapgoods, and The Shahas.
The Katowice District Presidency: The Neimans, The Pawliks, The Moons---not shown. They had responsibilities in Wroclaw this evening.
The District Council: Robert Magnuski, The Jarosz', The Zelonkas, The Isaacs--not shown.
The Mission Presidency: The Rzeczyckis, The Nielsons, The Wencels. Dinner was great and every one helped by bringing either a great salad or dessert to the party. I have to talk about the desserts. They were great!
Sister Austin, who had come to help me ALL DAY to prepare for the event, is shown here starting to set up the dessert table. Her catering expertise has truly been a blessing to me on several occasions!
  Like I said, dessert was a hit!
And now the entertainment.....First, Sister Neiman lead us in some Christmas Songs......but the star of the night was...............
Brat Herman who lead the group in singing tradition Polish Christmas Songs....koledy. Everyone sang along, and it was a great evening. To watch and listen to our Polish friends sing their traditional songs was the best part of the evening. One more look at some great people in Poland that we are honored to call our friends.....
President Andziej Wencel, his daughter, Ola and wife Alicia.
President Pawlik with his wife, Lisa and son, Spencer-----today was Spencer's 1st birthday!
Brother Zelonka and his wife, Dorota.
President Rzeczycki and his wife, Gosia and daughter, Maja.
Brother Jarosz and his wife, Iwona and daughters Ada (who is heading to BYU shortly) and Sara. And last but not least...
President Nabozny and his wife, Asia. What wonderful people we have the privilege to serve the Lord with. We cherish all their friendships. Kochamy vas!

3 comments:

  1. Sister Nielson,

    Please tell President Wencel "thanks" for bringing packages to the Bydgoszcz missionaries!

    The Kennedys

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing the Polish families! I love the Wencels. The got married the day I went home from my mission! And I am so excited for Ada to go to BYU!!!! Oh my goodness that's exciting. Thanks for such great posts Sister Nielson! I get excited every time this blog is updated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog and can relate to so many experiences. It is wonderful to see your great Elders and Sisters and to know that Dane is there to spend Christmas with you. I am sure you are well loved in the mission. It is inspiring to our family to read your blog. Thank you again. Merry Christmas
    Aunt Frieda

    ReplyDelete

To make a comment you must have a Google account (gmail)