Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Nowy Swiat gets a face lift!

Everybody deserves a little pick me up.....including Nowy Swiat 38! This was one of the first pieces of property the church acquired in Poland years ago.
It is a favorite place for missionaries to meet and teach Investigators as it is located on one of the most well-known streets in Warsaw in the center of town. This is just down the street from a university and the Rynek. Missionaries contact people while "white boarding" and ask if they have a few minutes to hear about the Gospel. They can then walk quickly to Nowy Swiat and learn about the Gospel.
Of course it deserved a 'ribbon cutting ceremony' as Brother Jarosz let President enter and see the remodel.
There had been some water damage and the place needed some "tender loving care". Brother Jarosz spend considerable time working and fixing things up. It was brand new and just felt great. This is a picture of the ground floor meeting room that is probably 25' x 25'. The missionaries can teach here and we are sure it will be used more and more now that it is presentable again. Because of this great location, it is a central meeting place for lessons and events throughout the day and evening.
You enter off of Nowy Swiat into a nice "new" room and then go down these stairs to another room for teaching and storage.
If you had seen it before and now, you can see the great improvement. Church pictures are ordered that will improve the setting for the Gospel to be taught.
Thank you, Brother Jarosz for a job well done!

3 comments:

  1. I think some beautiful shutters would look great on those windows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister Nielson,

    I just found your blog and it makes me SO HAPPY! I served in Poland from Fall 2003-Winter 2005. I served for a little stint in the Genealogy Center on Nowy Swiat. These pictures make me so happy to see how things are going there. Thank you for posting updates and I hope it's Ok that I follow!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sister Nielson - I also just found your blog and I served from 1990-1992. I should send you pictures of Nowy Swiat BEFORE the first remodel. (This is apparently the 2nd remodel). I can hardly recognize the place. I love your blog and will be subscribing to feeds to hear how the Polish saints are doing. I loved seeing that Agata is district YW president. I taught her first primary class. :-)

    ReplyDelete

To make a comment you must have a Google account (gmail)